Grant Proposals to the Montana Wheat and Barley Committee
Grant applications are accepted online through the State of Montana Web Grants system.
- The Montana Wheat and Barley Committee’s mission is to foster the sustainability and prosperity of Montana wheat and barley farmers. The Committee only funds projects that align with its mission.
Cumulative Funding Reports
The links below are Microsoft Excel (.xls) spreadsheets listing past projects funded by the Montana Wheat & Barley Committee.
Things to Know Before Applying for Grant Funding
- You will receive an award letter specifying the amount of the funding.
- If you are a new grantee or have made any changes (name, address, etc.) you will need to fill out and submit a W-9 Form.
- You will need to submit a copy of your worker's compensation certificate or letter of exemption (if you work with only volunteers, etc). This needs to be submitted either with the first invoice or before.
- You will need to submit an invoice along with any documentation about your project (flyers, publications, pictures, etc.) in order to receive your awarded funds.
If you have any questions about the process please contact Kolleen Spurgin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Web Grants
Web Grants (www.fundingmt.org) is the online grant application and tracking system used by the Montana Wheat and Barley Committee.
System Requirements for the online Montana Web Grants grant application system:
New users must register to use the system. Registration is free and easy. If you have used the system previously, please use your existing user name and password. If you have forgotten your User ID please contact Tammy Suek at email@example.com for assistance.
Once you have logged onto the site, navigate to Funding Opportunities. You will find three applications for the Montana Wheat & Barley Committee:
- Research only (AGR WBC Research Application CY17)
- All applications requesting grant amounts over $2,501 (AGR WBC Standard Application CY17)
- Sponsorship Application - CY17 for all requests under $2500
If you have a question about which application to fill out, please call either Tammy Suek or Kolleen Spurgin at (406) 761-7732.
There are four components to each application: the first three are mandatory, and the fourth is for any documentation you wish to submit with your application. If you are asking for funds for equipment, please list three phone bids that you have received.
After each component is completed make sure you click on "Mark as Complete". When all components are checked in the "Complete?" column, you are ready to submit your application. You may return to Web Grants and edit your application as many times as necessary prior to submitting it. Once an application has been submitted, you must contact Tammy Suek at (406) 761-7732 for any further corrections or changes.
Notice: If you are a new Web Grants user, please send an email to Tammy Suek at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that your request to join the system is accepted.